Maxi skirts are here to stay. The maxi skirt can be made as “you” as you want it to be, from laidback chic to quirky. It is great for every shape and when chosen right, it can hide fashionista’s problem areas and emphasize what needs to be emphasized.
- Petite women should team floor-length skirts with fitted tops with V-necklines and heels to elongate their silhouettes. However, it would be wise to stay away from prints and frills as these tend to make one look shorter.
- Slim girls can try the trendiest design of a maxi skirt – pleated maxi. But plump women should avoid those. Plump girls should also be careful with clinging maxi skirts made of strong fabrics as these will make you look bigger and accentuate areas you would wish to hide.
- For ladies with broad shoulders we can advise to try maxi skirts with high splits to balance figures. The slit gives fluidity. For modesty sake, wear a long sheer skirt underneath. To emphasize her midriff a woman should wear a high-waist maxi skirt which looks good with high heels.
- Maxi skirts help to hide imperfect legs.
- Dark-colored maxi skirts can also create the illusion of a slimmer silhouette in the area of thighs and bottom.
With a hint of leg, the look is certified sultry. And of course this trend isn’t just for A-listers. Any StyleBlazer can rock it. A heavier cotton skirt can be worn with tights and boots for winter nights or go for a light fabric that’ll see you through the sunny days of spring and summer
How to wear trendy maxi skirtsAs we have already mentioned earlier maxi skirts are quite versatile and can be great for creating a variety of looks, from romantic for a date to business for work (if your don’t have to stick to office suits and white shirts, of course).
- Maxi skirt with a demure blouse and a well-tailored blazer will make a good classic ensemble.
- Clinging top, light summery jacket and a maxi skirt will look perfect on a vacation.
- For a edgier team maxi skirts with fur jackets.
- For colder temperatures it would be wise to wear a maxi skirt (of lighter fabrics like silk or chiffon) with a leather jacket or a knitted cardigan.
- Narrow and straight-line skirts can be combined both with clinging and loose tops while full maxi skirts look their best with close-fitting tops.
- Printed maxi skirts should be mixed with monotone tops and monotone skirts can be worn with both printed and monotone tops.
- Maxi skirts look unflattering when combined with long cardigans and blazers.
- Large rings and bracelets complement looks based on maxi dresses ideally. Ethnic jewelry can create a bright look, too.
- Wide belt can accentuate one’s midriff.
- Wide-brim hat can serves as lovely finishing touches to a look based on a maxi skirt.
- Footwear you choose to wear with a maxi skirt can be different: flats, wedges, espadrilles, heels, etc. All depends on the look you want to create.