Sunday 22 April 2012

5 Acne Prevention Tips


I can’t seem to stop having random acne breakouts! One minute my skin is smooth like buttah baby, and the next I see little visitors popping up all over my face. I finally got some answers when I chatted with Sherrell Dorsey on Facebook, a licensed esthetician and natural beauty expert who is the brain behind Organic Beauty Vixen blog.
 
Here’s what she shared about acne prevention/care:
1. Don’t go into product overload
I’m a firm believer that a person should use no more than 3 or 4 products. You need a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and a mask cream.
2. Keep Skin Moisturized
Some people make the mistake of ditching their moisturizers now that the weather is warmer but it’s still important to keep skin hydrated year-round. Skin should be kept hydrated in Summertime especially because this is when it becomes the driest.
3. Watch what you eat
The first thing that I usually ask my clients is if they’re eating a lot of dairy, wheat or sugar because those foods all can contribute to changes in skin.
4. Don’t pop your pimples
You shouldn’t pop your pimples. I treat a lot of scars because of that. Let it run its course and use a spot acne treatment at night.
5. Keep your hair out of your face
Sometimes your hair can be the cause of a random acne breakout because of the product and oil it contains. Try to keep it out of your face if possible.

Love how short and sweet Sherrell’s suggestions were. I guess skincare can be made easy by giving a little extra TLC.

Will you try any of these tips, How do you fight acne?

No comments:

Post a Comment