Thursday 5 July 2012

TREND ALERT: Rimmed Glasses!

I don’t know if you have noticed but most televisions have been glued to the 2012 NBA Finals as of late. Even if you don’t care who wins out of the Miami Heat or Oklahoma City Thunder, it’s worth watching to see what the boys, namely Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, wear at their press conference. And there is no denying that the biggest trend among these fellas is rimmed glasses.



See the guy on the far left? That’s Mister Russell Westbrook (from Oklahoma City Thunder) who claims he “started” this trend. Saying you started a trend is quite the acclamation here in the fashion world. It’s like Alexander Wang saying he started the t-shirt trend (Okay maybe he did..but he’s credible.)
LeBron James (pictured below), who also loves a good rimmed pair of visual aids, had a few words to rebuttal Westbrook’s claim. He says: “…It’s a look, it’s a fashion thing, but he absolutely didn’t start it. I don’t know who started it, honestly. I know I’ve  been wearing mine for about two years now, but I don’t know who started it. None of us started it. It could have started back in the ’70s or ’80s. I’m serious.” Oh what wise words from the always distinctly-dressed James. (Sorry, I’m biased. I am huge fan of King James. “The Decision” and all.)

Let’s give Westbrook the benefit of the doubt ONLY because he is pretty avant garde in his choice of glasses and his ‘fits are always entertaining. (I mean, look at that shirt!)


With Miami up 3-1 in the series, many are predicting they’ll take the title in Game 5. But who wins this spectacle battle?


Whose specs do you like better, And who has the best press conference style?
Let's Discuss this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment