Monday 14 May 2012

MONICA vs BRANDY on EBONY


Yes, that is Brandy and Monica giving you high-fashion realness on the June 2012 cover of Ebony 

Ebony Magazine‘s June 2012 Music Issue. Inside, the girls chat about their most recent collaboration, ‘It All Belongs To Me’, as well as their individual singing styles and why working together after 14 years was perfect timing.  Brandy, however, gets a little more personal in the interview. She reveals that she is more than ready to walk down the aisle while talking about her desire to marry her boyfriend, music publisher Ryan Press. She also comes to the defense of Ray J who she says is ‘misunderstood’.
Check a few excerpts below:

Brandy On Her Boyfriend Ryan
I wish we were engaged. He’s taking a little long on the ring side of things, but I’m patient.  I wanted to impress him. I wanted him to be proud of me; I was inspired by him. So making the record and his being there, it’s just all a part of it. Him and my daughter. I want him to love my songs. I want him to love my voice.
On Her Brother Ray J
I know who he is. And I”m pissed off about some of the things I’ve been hearing. It really bothers me that [those are] the kind of things that people do for money.
He’s misunderstood. It’s one thing to have this image of [a ladies' man], but it’s another to become this other type of person that they’re trying to make my brother out to be. I know who he is. This is a man who loves his mama and his sister and his niece. Ray J loved Kim Kardashian. They were irresponsible with their–you know–but he loved her. For five years, he was with her.  In his mind and in the world’s mind, he was in my shadow for such a long time. To watch his sister become whatever I became and to not have that same path or that same way it happened for me; to be called ‘Brandy’s brother…’ To finally break out of it, you’re going to brag; you’re going to feel something about yourself. It’s not coming from a bad place, and I can tell you: Some of the shoes Ray J’s walking in, you’d take off immediately. You wouldn’t be able to handle the type of shoes he’s in.


No comments:

Post a Comment