Common Fashion shopping mistakes:
- If you are shopping for a cocktail (event) dress remember to bring your shoes. That way if you need to have in-store alterations you will be all set
- If you need to power shop remember to bring a list. This can help focus your attention and keep you on task.
- Nothing good will come from buying uncomfortable shoes regardless of how fabulous they are.
- Don't buy something you don't need because it is a fantastic sale price. I know we have all done this but it is a waste of money and closet space.
- Don't buy on impulse. Ask yourself the following questions when deciding if to buy. Do I need this? Does it fit with my lifestyle or wardrobe? Where am I going to wear this? If you are still undecided then put it on hold and if you are still thinking about it at the end of the day -buy it.
- Don't talk yourself into an outfit that isn't flattering to your frame. There are only two kinds of clothes in this world. Clothes that flatter you and clothes that don't and avoid the latter regardless of how popularand trendy they are.
- It is one thing to go shopping with your girlfriends because that can be very social and enjoyable but keep in mind don't shop with a competitive friend because she will cajole you into buying more and possibly unflattering items weather or not you need it.
Fashion Shopping tips for you
- Spend money on great shoes because they can make or break an outfit. You can even wear them with jeans and look fabulous!
- Buy items that fit your lifestyle. If you know you are going to live in your jeans then it is ok to spend $150 a pair especially if you had to try on dozens to find the right fit. Buy clothes to suit your lifestyle.
- Spend money on staples on shoes, bags, a cashmere sweater, a black pair of pants and skimp on belts, socks, trendy tops, scarves, hats and sunglasses.
- Before you shop know what you own. Make a point to go through your closet at the beginning of every season.
- Invest in undergarments because the right foundation garments can make everything you own look better